Neighborhood Academy - New Academic and Athletic Buildings
The Neighborhood Academy selected Massaro Corporation, through a negotiated delivery method, to build its new urban campus. The new campus consists of an academic building and a field house/gymnasium.
The needs met by this new campus include:
• A wooded campus with environmentally sensitive landscaping and gardens
• Expanded library space
• Worship space, which will also allow for music and drama
• Modern science labs with individual work stations and up-to-d ate equipment for research and experiments
• A cafeteria and full kitchen designed to be environmentally responsible and room for students to eat in a family setting
• An art studio large enough for 2D and 3D art projects, a dark room, and kiln
• A top-notch athletic facility to include a field house, gymnasium, locker rooms with showers, and a training room
• Flexible space for future needs
• A suite designed to meet the needs of the counseling department and the privacy of students
• Building systems designed to respect our environment and optimize operating efficiencies
The school's mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty by preparing low-income youth for higher education. TNA exists to provide a holistic college-prep education for students in grades 8-12 who come from low income families.