Carnegie Library - Homewood Branch
Massaro Corporation completed renovations to the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh-Homewood Branch. Built in 1904, this four-story brick structure was given a new life while maintaining the spirit of the old. All efforts were made to reuse and restore the old fixtures and woodwork to recapture the library�s past while making it compatible with the present.
Renovations to the library included the removal of asbestos piping from the building, new lighting, removal of the mezzanine and circulation desk for a new information desk, expansion of the entry ways to the nonfiction/reference reading room and the children�s reading room, a new roof, a smaller parking lot to accommodate larger flower gardens, and a new sound system and seating for 292 people in the auditorium.